Does your business have a blog? You might miss out on reaching a huge audience and on the opportunity to convert viewers into paying customers.
A blog is one of the best ways to leverage content marketing. The idea of starting a business blog from scratch may be a bit intimidating. Even if you have never done one before, it doesn’t have to be an overwhelming experience. It could be very enjoyable
Writing articles related to your business can help establish authority in your industry and they can be a great resource of information. If customers have questions, they can refer to your blog posts for answers. Further, a blog can spark a conversation between you and your customers or potential customers.
Here are the 7 tips to create a great blog for your business:
1. Remove dates from your posts – When we set up a blog, we usually remove the post dates. Many companies will go through spurts of writing blog posts then periods where they don’t. Without a date, your posts won’t age as quickly.
2. Short paragraphs – Make sure paragraphs are no longer than 3 lines deep. This makes it much easier to read on a mobile phone, otherwise, it becomes a massive block of text that people will struggle to read.
3. Make them visual – Use fantastic stock images to make your posts stand out. This will help people sharing the posts and keep them engaged. There is nothing wrong with adding 2 to 3 images through the post.
4. Think 600 words plus – Google loves a good blog post. The longer the better, but I usually have a minimum of 600 words which helps the Google bot fall in love with your website.
5. Pick one phrase – Don’t keyword stuff for the sake of it. Pick a 3-4 word phrase people are searching for. Make this the title, the URL and use it in the alt tags of the pictures. This helps Google know what your blog is about.
6. Consider videos – Whether it is an explainer video like this or a face to camera video, Google loves videos. And so will your viewers. You can create a video and have it transcribed into a post. It can be a great way to create quick enjoyable content.
7. Call To Action – Make sure your blog has a call to action. What do you want the reader to do next? Be it downloading a free report, taking a quiz or booking a strategy call. It needs to be clear.
It takes time for a business blog to build momentum. Don’t be discouraged and be patient if the progress seems sluggish. Slow, steady, and consistent wins the race when it comes to business blogging.
If you need any help with content or you want to upgrade the look and feel of a WordPress Blog, reach out to us at VirtualInnovation.co.nz or book a free consultation below.